Monday, March 26, 2007

Naming the Computer ~ BiTuX ~

  • Naming the Computer ~ BiTuX ~

  • BiTuX
BiTuX is what I have named this Computer, Why I want to Name it? It is because it is not a "easy come" computer. It takes me a lot of time to research, calculate each parts, and found them. As I say from start to end it take about three months, people like me, just build a computer is peace of cake, but really, to build a system like this one, do take me sometime because everything I have is so limited. And it has to match up what I need - want. Here is why I name it BiTuX. The capital letters obveriously is because of it is a BTX computer. Bi stands for binary sense all computers are binary in this world. TuX (The Penguin) is the mascot - logo of Linux. So BiTuX means "BTX Lunix Computer". Nice name isn't it. (Sound Weird though)

  • Ioky has few word to say.......

I feel lucky that I am able to build this Pc, however, I also feel sad for this it.
These reason I feel lucky and sad are because a same reason: You almost can not find all the parts anymore!
You still find it today, 03/26/2007, but I can't promise you about the next day and beyond. As many computer builders in the U.S today. Newegg should be one of their favorite. As less to me it is. However, Almost all the parts that related to BTX are no longer can be found in newegg anymore. Here is what happen today. I was first found the Motherboard I am using for the pc at newegg. Two days before I order it, Newegg completely kick it out of thier site. And because of that I need to found it in somewhere else. After Ordering from two Out of Stock Store (They tell me after I order, that they are Out of Stock on this product!). I finally found it at ebay for $95 with shipping. Yeh for that. After a week later!! I look over at Newegg again, this time they kick the Case I bought out of the site!! (Luckily I bought it before the move!) And this is not it. None of the Cooler or Powersupply I need is in newegg. And I end up searching for them one by one!! And order them all of the world! Crazy................. That also mean that BTX is starting completely out of the Market! There is numbers of them left over, but you really need to dig them out. If you are not looking for Building computer yourself, Dell and Gateway do use BTX form factor for their computer. (Better then nothing....)

No comments: